Easy-yet-Effective Meditation Tips For Those With Busy Minds
Mindfulness, Meditation, Mantras. We often hear these jargons in our daily lives. We read about the importance of mental health, but somehow our busy schedules don’t leave space for it. We take all necessary measures to keep our body fit and in good shape.
Be it through daily runs, gymming, or even pilates. But how often do we stop and think – what about my mind and mental health? Read on to know more about effective meditation tips to practice mindfulness meditation in your daily hustle and bustle.
Devoting a mere few minutes to engage in mindfulness meditation can have remarkable benefits for both our mental and physical well-being. If you’re uncertain about the techniques of mindfulness practice, you’ve come to the correct resource. Continue reading to gain a deeper understanding of mindfulness and to discover uncomplicated methods for incorporating mindfulness meditation into your daily fast-paced routine.
What is Mindfulness?
You’ve heard about it. You’ve read about it. But do you know what exactly mindfulness is? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In a nutshell, mindfulness is focused on awareness. It’s all about broadening your conscious awareness and taking in your surroundings. It’s living in the present moment.
Sounds simple enough, doesn’t it? That’s because it is! You can practice mindfulness meditation even during your packed schedule. All you need is – you! No candles, aromatic oils, or other paraphernalia required. Mindfulness exercises can be practised successfully by beginners as well. We have some tips for busy minds like yours. Give them a go!
Effective Meditation Tips & Exercises you can try:
- Mindful breathing: This is a very easy exercise but can have great benefits. As you inhale, acknowledge it as an ‘in-breath,’ and as you exhale, acknowledge it as an ‘out-breath.’ Direct your complete attention to the act of inhaling and exhaling. Initially, you might observe your thoughts drifting away – this is a normal occurrence. Over time, with consistent concentration, you’ll observe the mental chatter gradually subsiding.
- Breathing colours: This exercise is similar to mindful breathing. Pick two different colours, one to breathe in and one to breathe We suggest using a cool colour for your in-breaths, like blue, and a warm colour like red for your out-breaths. However, choose the colours you want, for the reasons you want. Close your eyes and pair each colour with its breath. With practice, your colour awareness develops, and you will be able to visualize the colours much more strongly. Performing this exercise regularly helps to balance and enhance your body’s energies.
- Mindful walking: Take a walk outside or around your room or in your office parking lot. Pay attention to the sensation of your feet in contact with the ground. Let go of thoughts, emotions, and other distractions and just walk as if being mindful of every step is vitally important. Come back to focusing every time your mind wanders. Doing this will allow you to stretch your legs and relax your mind.
- Positive memories: Recall a favorable moment from your past and transport yourself to your place of contentment. Visualize it unfolding in your mind’s eye like a cinematic scene, allowing yourself to relive the associated emotions. Permit this affirmative memory to influence your current state.
- Body scan: Take some time to scan the different parts of your body – be it your face, extremities, abdomen, etc. Note areas of discomfort, if any. Take a deep breath into each area of the body where this discomfort exists. Also, notice areas of your body that feel relaxed and comfortable. Breathe into these areas too. Notice the change you feel with each breath.
With these tips, we bet you’re well equipped to deal with stress. Remember, busy minds need to unwind. So what are you waiting for? Start your journey to mindfulness now!